I-zheet M'drurz

Doug Kanter wrote:

Example: A user here commented that the replacement switch
(installed in the fan body itself) was the type which required
pushing wires into holes. That type of part has no place in an
AC powered device, no matter WHAT Underwriters Labs may say, and
no matter WHAT electrical codes might permit.

Whew! What fantasy world do *you* live in?

The only reason a manufacturer would use them would be to save
time on the assembly line.

Duhhhhhh!

That makes me wonder what other shortcuts they took.

You keep looking for that ceiling fan containing switches with
screw terminals and wire loops wrapped around them. You're
going to get awful warm.

--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.