Doug Kanter

"tgilb" wrote in message
k.net...

Excuse my replying to my own post but after a little research I realize I
need to make a correction. The sentence above should read:

Since you're the "only" person I've seen bashing Hunter fans lately with

no
more documentation than "I've seen a number of discussions"

Example: A user here commented that the replacement switch (installed in the
fan body itself) was the type which required pushing wires into holes. That
type of part has no place in an AC powered device, no matter WHAT
Underwriters Labs may say, and no matter WHAT electrical codes might permit.
The only reason a manufacturer would use them would be to save time on the
assembly line. That makes me wonder what other shortcuts they took.