jeff

Linda Grant wrote in message .1.4...

Hi,

The first one is a Sears Kenmore with 22,000 BTU's. The other one is a
Maytag with 18,000 BTU's of heating power. My understanding is that it
would be better to buy the dryer with more BTU's. Is this correct?
Would the difference in BTU's be significant in its abilty to dry
clothes.

Very little differences. Air flow and tumbling has more effect on
drying that that little difference of BTU's would have. 140ºF in the
drum is the same no matter which burner you use to get there.

This might help?...
http://www.checkbook.org/bargains/prodtext/maedr.htm

The Maytag is somewhat more expensive but not a great deal. It has a
door that swings open while the Kenmore has a drop-down hamper door. I
like the
door that swings open better.

Some consumer opinions....
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_A...All-Dryers-Gas