tgilb

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
| "tgilb" wrote in message
| k.net...
|
| "Doug Kanter" wrote in message
| |
| | "fran" wrote in message
| | news | | On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:57:50 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
| | wrote:
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Nope. Spend some time reading the archives of this newsgroup and
| you'll
| | understand why Hunter fans are inferior.
| |
| | Or are you thinking of Hampton Bay?
| |
| |
| | No. I've seen a number of discussions here in which Hunter owners had
| | replace switches, and found those switches were of a type that a sane
| person
| | wouldn't consider compatible for anything but a flashlight. If the
| | manufacturer will pull that stunt, it's safe to assume that anything
| goes.
| |
| Since you're the second person I've seen bashing Hunter fans lately with
| no
| more documentation than "I've seen a number of discussions" I figured
I'd
| try and actually do a little leg work on the subject. Below are 3 sites
| that
| give (mostly) favorable reviews to Hunter Fans (yes, I'm aware these
sites
| are also selling these products but also have consumer reviews).
|
| Did any of the reviewers own the fans long enough to have to perform
| internal service on them? If not, the reviews are not relevant to long
term
| ownership.

I obviously can't speak for the reviewers but none of the 4 Hunters
installed in my home when I bought it 15 years ago have needed any service
or any of the at least 50 or so I've installed in homes and business's over
the last 20 years have either (that I've been made aware of anyway).