tgilb

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

| "fran" wrote in message
| news | On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:57:50 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
| wrote:
|

| Nope. Spend some time reading the archives of this newsgroup and you'll
| understand why Hunter fans are inferior.
|
| Or are you thinking of Hampton Bay?
|

| No. I've seen a number of discussions here in which Hunter owners had to
| replace switches, and found those switches were of a type that a sane
person
| wouldn't consider compatible for anything but a flashlight. If the
| manufacturer will pull that stunt, it's safe to assume that anything goes.

Since you're the second person I've seen bashing Hunter fans lately with no
more documentation than "I've seen a number of discussions" I figured I'd
try and actually do a little leg work on the subject. Below are 3 sites that
give (mostly) favorable reviews to Hunter Fans (yes, I'm aware these sites
are also selling these products but also have consumer reviews).

http://www.dealtime.com/xPP-Electric..._list__ceiling
http://www.epinions.com/Fans-Style_C...and_Hunter_Fan
http://products.consumerguide.com/cp.../prod/id/11141

Here is a Google NG search and while I didn't check every post I didn't see
many (any?) posts complaining about the quality of Hunter Fans. I have
personally used and installed many Hunters over the years and have found
them to be quiet, very easy to install, reasonably priced and dependable.
I'd be interested in any documentation you have that disputes this.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hu...8&start=0&sa=N