gerry

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:15:08 -0500, "twfsa" wrote:

We use heat pumps in the midwest where its plenty cold, mine is a 3 ton,16
seer and heats a 1600sq ft ranch main level and 700 down stairs, holds 69
degs, when the outside temp is 17degs.

At 17 F your "heat pump" is just an electric heater. Most likely you are
describing an air exchange system with electric backup heating strips. In
the Northeast, where the original poster is located, electric heat is
generally very expensive to operate.

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com