Edwin Pawlowski

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
Are there different grades of toasters? Sorry to sound silly. Just
for bread? I can't believe my toaster is dying-bread is not even
crisp on the high setting. It was cheap but it has lost its oomph
(sp?) and some how I thought it would last for ever. We did have an
electrical surge recently that popped the microwave and the electric
company is paying us for that.. Would it have harmed a plugged in
toaster?

Take a look inside with the toaster on. Are all the elements glowing as they
should? While most toasters do last a long time, the elements eventually
will burn up.

As for grades, yes, the real cheap ones have thinner elements, larger
spacing, thinner materials all around. Most every toast today is made in
China. The $220 Dualit is made in England. For $30 to $50 you can get a
good one. For $7.50 you can get a cheap one.