Pete Logghe

Jeff Wisnia wrote in message ...
I put this question at the bottom of an overly long reply on the "Best
Tools" thread, so It probably didn't get read by too many folks, so I'll
ask it again he

Is the "international standard" for socket wrench square drive sizes
still only the english 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" etc., or have they started
manufacturing metric sockets with metric sized drives and (G-d forbid)
maybe even inch size sockets with metric sized drives?

Just wondering...

Jeff

What about tire sizes?
Even imported cars use 14" 15" tires etc.
Don't they? ? Enquiring minds...
And gas pipe threads are based on English pipe thread sizes.
1/4-18, 1/8-27, etc. Even in the Metric countries.

Any other examples?

(My point is, some things seem to stay english, even in the
metric world. )

Pete