Old Nick

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:09:37 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Thanks, everybody for all the tips.

The SO cleaned everything up and is going to try the Orange repellent thing.
We have gotten lazy at times about changing his litter box. He used to just
s#$%t on the floor to make his point - this must be the next step.

If that don't work, I'll be a hooking up the metal to my fence charger. Its
an International Weed Chopper - strongest charger made, they don't sell them
anymore because they started too many fires. You should be able to hear the
cat all the way to California.

I do wonder how much
- you want to keep your SO
- SO loves her cat.

Please try a lower voltage. Start at 9-12v and then go from there in
12V steps. Car batteries or wall warts in series. Use metal wire fly
screen or whatever on the floor.

In my old days, 36 volts was considered the minimum dangerous,
possibly fatal (maximum safe?) voltage under foreseeable circumstances
(wet ground and hand contact etc).

We discussed peeing on an electric fence before in another thread.
Seriously. That fence charger up the donger could kill the cat or
worse, injure its insides. While the rest of the circuit is not very
good, the direct **** stream is, and it's right into the cat's body,
where everything is basically salt water plus electrically-controlled
nerve tissue from then on!

Also electric fences are designed to overcome the often very poor
ground conduction in a paddock. I have seen a kangaroo killed trying
to get under an electric fence on wet grass. It seemed that the jolts
simply went right through its chest. It probably took several bumps,
but it did do it. I have had a good belt ffrrroooommmmmm an n n n
.......s'ok... electric fence (touched it with a shovel blade and I had
hold of the ferrule) and it really made my heart work. Another one I
had was not been so bad when I touched simply by hand......with boots
on remember.

If its hopeless, I'll have to put everything in containers with tops or
lids. This would mean all new much larger containers. Bet the SO buys 'em
for Xmas to avoid me torturing the cat.

By Christmas you will either have no cat or no tools.
I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I
am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about
the things I know I am right about.