waynemak

Those look like screw machine collets, not much use in a home shop lathe. I
had some that were similier and ended up dumping them, no ebay buyers. I had
worked at Amphenol in the past and one of the old machine operators said
they used collets like that 40 years ago, most were made in house.
"GTO69RA4" wrote in message
Here are some collets I'm trying to ID. 2 5/8" LOA, 15/16" wide around the
machined area at the base. No threads. I have a whole board of these, in
all
different round and hex sizes, plus a few odd ones like rectangular holes.

http://members.aol.com/gto69ra4/photos/collets.jpg

Anyone?

GTO(John)