Rex B

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:45:03 -0700, "SteveB" wrote:

||"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
hlink.net...
|| I've separated all my tool steel stock into small piles and put them in
|| plastic tubs that are about 10" wide by 18" deep and 6" high. In turn,
|| these tubs are placed anywhere there's an empty spot under something.
|| Last week, I noticed water in the bottom of my A2 tub. WTF? The metal had
|| REALLY corroded bad. Stunk too. So I pressure washed it out, dried in the
|| sun and sprayed down with LPS.
|| This morning I walk down, and a different tub has liquid in it. One sniff
|| told me the source. SOCKS! My SO's favorite cat. If I tell my honey to
|| choose between Socks and me, I'll be a lookin' for a new place to live.
|| The shop is his place, he allows me in if I keep fresh food and litter
|| boxes.
|| So what could I put in the tubs to either make the cat not pee there
|| (impossible I think). Or something to keep my stock from corroding to
|| death when he does his thing next time?
|| Karl
||Fi-shock. Look it up on Google. You can buy just the electrical unit for
||about $25. Two wires, one to the metal, one to ground. Or put the plastic
||tub on a sheet of galvanized, and the other wire to the metal inside the
||tub. Just one contact with the energized unit will cure the cat for life
||from going into your metal. And it is hilarious as hell if you get the
||chance to watch them, especially when they pee on it and make the
||connection. This will not kill the cat, and is a quick permanent cheap
||solution. Don't tell your SO about it. Keep it around for stray dogs
||getting in garbage cans, raccoons, birds, and other animals that become a
||pest.

You beat me to it. But instead of paying $25, use that (low-voltage, low
wattage) wall-wart that you have forgotten what it was for. For that matter a 9
Volt transistor radio battery would work great - Put one to your tongue for a
'taste'. Now imagine that on the end of your pecker. Put a couple of alligator
clips on it and hook up as indicated. Let Socks complete the circuit.

A friend of mind applied this technique to a neighborhood free-range tomcat that
was rusting the LR wheel of his AMX on a regular bassis. Some screen wire laid
on the driveway beside the wheel, and a 110V cord connected to that and the
bumper (back when they were steel). A banshee howl interrupted the 10:00 news,
and the problem ...stopped.

Texas Parts Guy