SteveB

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've separated all my tool steel stock into small piles and put them in
plastic tubs that are about 10" wide by 18" deep and 6" high. In turn,
these tubs are placed anywhere there's an empty spot under something.

Last week, I noticed water in the bottom of my A2 tub. WTF? The metal had
REALLY corroded bad. Stunk too. So I pressure washed it out, dried in the
sun and sprayed down with LPS.

This morning I walk down, and a different tub has liquid in it. One sniff
told me the source. SOCKS! My SO's favorite cat. If I tell my honey to
choose between Socks and me, I'll be a lookin' for a new place to live.
The shop is his place, he allows me in if I keep fresh food and litter
boxes.

So what could I put in the tubs to either make the cat not pee there
(impossible I think). Or something to keep my stock from corroding to
death when he does his thing next time?

Karl

Fi-shock. Look it up on Google. You can buy just the electrical unit for
about $25. Two wires, one to the metal, one to ground. Or put the plastic
tub on a sheet of galvanized, and the other wire to the metal inside the
tub. Just one contact with the energized unit will cure the cat for life
from going into your metal. And it is hilarious as hell if you get the
chance to watch them, especially when they pee on it and make the
connection. This will not kill the cat, and is a quick permanent cheap
solution. Don't tell your SO about it. Keep it around for stray dogs
getting in garbage cans, raccoons, birds, and other animals that become a
pest.

You're welcome.

Steve