Jason D.

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:44:36 -0400, RWL
wrote:

When would you need a crowsfoot wrench? I see them as part of socket
sets, but have never needed one.

RWL

******* Remove NOSPAM to reply *******

asbolutely,

I had to buy 31 canadian bucks for Proto 1" flare nut crowfoot to get
the EGR tube off the carb 2.2L intake manifold while in 1987 caravan.
The firewall is about 3.5" to the back of intake manifold. No room
for anything else but a good crowfoot.

Measuring is tricky but got this around that.
The calipers will not fit because of intake's cavity is tight around
the flare nut. Solution, took stiff thick 1 conductor wire and bent
it in a way I can adjust it with wires parallel. Ajusted it to fit
flare nut and measured the wire spacing with tape. One Inch. Cool.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/jpero/manif...oot_intake.jpg

Why? to plane both manifolds intake and exhaust manifolds flanges and
clean those grubby manifolds up, remove O2 plug, replace EGR (on going
search for new EGR). Does EGR valve mopar part 4287417 stikes a bell
or a sour bell to anyone? This is for federal/canadian emissions,
non-feedback carb (weber-holley 5220), 3 speed auto. If this EGR is
wrong one, let me know with correct part number!

Cheers,

Wizard