Larry Jaques

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:14:25 -0700, "Lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com calmly ranted:

"RWL" wrote in message
.. .

When would you need a crowsfoot wrench? I see them as part of socket
sets, but have never needed one.

When I was turning wrenches for a living (12 years) I only remember needing
a Crowsfoot wrench twice. Absolutely nothing else would do.

I used one of my crowsfeet from one of two sets at least once a
week. The twisted cars I worked on at the body shop left me with
bolts/lines at difficult-to-remove angles. I think I originally
bought a set for carb work. Some carburetors were hard to get to
and crowsfoot wrenches gave enough offset to get to the hidden
nuts. They were also handy for distributor holddown bolts in
out-of-the-way places, tight brake bleeder screws, etc. with a
36" long 3/8-drive extension.

I used them enough that I even bought a very pricy Snap-on set.
And I didn't buy very many Snap-On tools. AAMOF, I almost used
one last month on a tight bathroom faucet fitting but got the
long wrench up in there after all.

WARNING! WARNING! Dangerous Mailbox Approaching. Evade! Evade!
http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk