Mike Hardy

I've had luck using a table saw with a carbide blade. My exact setup
is a 10 inch table saw by Northern Tool with a 10 inch carbide tipped
blade by Amana Tool. The blade has 80 teeth with a 5 degree rake or
angle. Makes clean cuts but be prepared to be showered in metal
flakes! Have cut 2 and 3 inch square and round bar of 6061. The blade
would cut more but the motor on the saw lacks the "umph" to cut larger
diamater.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:52:40 GMT, " pjsmacks
wrote:

I want to start making some custom pieces out of aluminum stock that will
require accurate, clean cutting and don't like the results obtained by
using my chop saw.

What's the best route? Metal cutting bandsaw? If so, can I get by with a
low end unit like the one offered by Harbor Freight for $170? Will it also
be useful for future projects using say 16 ga. mild steel, etc?

Any input is appreciated!