desperado

I have sets of sae and metric as well as the flarenut crowfoots but have
only had one occasion in the last 20 years or so I needed one. It was to
work on replacing a lock cylinder on the trunk of an old Ford. The cylinder
was offset from the access hole and the crowfoot did the job.
When buying these crowfoots, look for the ones with the square socket
hole both on top and on the side as this increases the versatility of the
tool. Not all have two socket holes. I tried to use a large crowfoot as a
fan clutch wrench once and the side hole was useful, but I did not have the
right size.

--
don paolino
"gfulton" wrote in message

"Roy" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:44:36 -0400, RWL
wrote:

===
===When would you need a crowsfoot wrench? I see them as part of

socket
===sets, but have never needed one.
===
===RWL
===
===
===******* Remove NOSPAM to reply *******

Indispensible tool when it comes to working in confined or tight
spaces such as removing cylinder's on some engines, and lots of places
on aircraft, and hydraulics........Even find them handy from time to
time with just general mechanic type stuff.

The open end type is fine, but the open end box are great for use on
tubing nuts etc.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Right. Cylinder holddown nuts on some radial engines.

Garrett Fulton