Lee Blaver

Default Fibreglass flat roof

Peter Parry wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:06:51 -0000, "Peter Balcombe"
wrote:

Are fibre glass roofs as durable and problem free as claimed? Are there any
downsides?

There are plenty of fibreglass boats 50 years old or more.

National company or local roofing contractor?

Try a local boatbuilder, plenty around your area. See if a couple of
their fibreglass workers would be interested.

Fibreglass is a fairly simple material but certain stages are
critical if long life is to be achieved. Someone used to doing layup
on boat hulls would be ideal.

I doubt if local roofers would be familiar with it and national
companies tend to be rip-off merchants.

The thing that bothers me about fibreglass (apart from one of the
neighbours' fibreglass roofs leaking...) is thermal movement of the
building and/or UV damage causing cracking. Although I suppose both are
easily avoided with the right resin.

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com