Gunner

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:32:57 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

Hey..need a nice gas fired furnace? I picked one up the other day.
About 12"x12" x 20" deep. Nice counterweighted door with peep hole.

The entire thing is about 300lbs, probably 2x2x3 feet.

Its located in Newport Beach California at the moment. I was gonna
offer it to Big John Delevan, but he may already have one.

Id make someone a hell of a deal on it. And the ceramic is in minty
shape, so its good to go. Might want to redo the burner and air mixer
for propane though..shrug. its easy.
Gunner

I really should take you up on that. Just a few days ago at an
auction pre-veiw there was a whole barn's full of stuff that had got
burned.

Get to LA very often? Know anyone coming this way with the capacity to
haul it back?

Cool old stuff! But now they are annealed as anything... some of
it could be re-heat treated and put back to work. First thing that
comes to mind is the really nice old brush-hook head. Do some
grinding/thinning and re-heat treat it ...better than new.

Damned near all of it can be rebuilt. Fire is steels friend.

There was also a 2+1/2 to 3 foot diameter sawmill blade. My friend
was supposed to bid on that for me... couldn't get ahold of him last
night so don't know if I got it or not.

ooooooo!!
If I get that sawmill blade I guess I'll have to make some "tough
knives".

Indeed. Might even do some trading with you. Got a nice furnace with
no place to put it G

Alvin in AZ
ps- I don't make "tough knives" figuring there's more than enough of
them out there already, I want to make "edge-holding knives"
pps- high speed steel, power hacksaw blade knives are my best ones

Ayup. Lots of touch knives that are crowbar sharp.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke