Ace

I suspect you would find Phoenix "greatly" changed since the 60's.
Just an opinion...

"ec Roberts" wrote in message
om...
I lived in/around Phoenix back in the early '60s. I found that Buckeye
was very amenable in those days and not that far from Glendale. It's a
small town with not much to support it except ag, so should still be
nice and affordable. We rented a house with a nice detatched garage
for about half what a 2 room apartment cost us on 24th Ave. in
Phoenix. That was a few years ago, granted, but I'm sure things
haven't changed that much (relatively) over the years. I have an
acquaintance in Glendale. With his permission, I'll put you in touch
with him. He is an old Navy Chief, retired there.

Pops

JohnF wrote in message

. ..
That says it all. I gotta decide where to live now. The shop will, if
the loan goes through, be in the south Glendale/west Phoenix area at
the 17 and 60. We start early, 5:00AM, so traffic won't be a huge
problem but I don't want to live too awful far away. I'll be renting
for a while and if everything works out decent I'll buy a house over
there. My son is taking over the house and payments in here San Diego
so I won't have to sell out.

For now I need an apartment in a decent area for (well) under a
thousand and ideas as to where to look into houses. I need some space
and a garage for my projects, usually car related. I know some about
SE Phoenix (Gilbert/Chandler/Apache Junction) and was hoping they
would set up down in the Gilbert area but they picked a building in
West Phoenix so now I'm lost.

The Google search turned up a boat-load of realtors with their views
but I need something from someone real.....no pun.

Thanks

JohnF