Ted Edwards

Don Foreman wrote:

I'm surprised about your softwood lumber comment though. I often must stop
for a train at a nearby Burlington Northern/Santa Fe grade crossing, see
car after car of lumber go by with big red maple leaf logos on the covers.
Looks like someone has figured out how to do it.

Every attempt of the US to justify the high duties on Canadian softwood
lumber has been rejected by the tribunals yet the US continues appeal
after appeal. This is due to political pressure from US lumber
interests that are enjoying the resulting high prices. Of course the US
building trades aren't happy but they don't have as much clout as the
big producers.

was going. I think my local Menard's imports from Outer Twistovia or
perhaps Warpland....

Yeah. Get the gyproc on fast before it gets a chance to dry.

Ted