Ba r r y

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:13:04 GMT, Joe wrote:

On 15 Sep 2004 19:42:18 -0700, (ississauga) wrote:
If you have installed hardwood what mistakes have you made? The
hardwood I am installing is the 3/4 inch thick type, about 2-3 inches
wide, oak and maple mostly, finished type.

Not really a mistake, but remove the base trim before installing the flooring,
unlike all the TV experts I've seen. A piece of 1/4 round chunked onto the last
board looks tacky to me.

I prefer to do both, remove the base and install the 1/4 round. I
like a three piece base, consisting of a flat board, the 1/4 round,
and a moulded trim on top of the flat piece. In some rooms, the flat
board looks great if it's 6-8 inches tall.

Barry