Hagrinas Mivali

"Don Ocean" wrote in message

Hagrinas Mivali wrote:

"Don Ocean" wrote in message

I love nicks answers, I can't imagine what goes thru his mind when he
posts a page of figures to reach a point. But the question is valid: Do
those 21,000 people from around the world reflect nicks tastes?

Ummmm? What about the other 6.5 Billion folks.. Don't they count?

If the study were done properly, they would reflect those 6.5 billion

folks
on average quite well. What's relevant is whether the average is

relevant
to your area or to a group of people who are used to air conditioning

the same extent as you, or whose climate is similar to yours, and a

bunch of
other factors.

I guess that would be like the Gun control thing.. Only Poll those that
don't like guns.. ;-p Perhaps you should ask Harry Truman about Polls..
;-p

With gun control, you can conclude that whatever narrow set of information
is studied in the poll might be described in a certain way. When you
conclude something bigger, that's when you are misusing the data.