Harvey Van Sickle

Default The Good Old Days of UK.D-I-Y

On 26 Jan 2004, John Stumbles wrote

Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

On 20 Jan 2004, Elessar wrote

A really useful newsreader feature would be "ignore any item
crossposted to n or more newsgroups". n=3 or 4 would be about
right.

Xnews has precisely this feature -- http://Xnews.newsguy.com.

Can it be set to ignore the rest of a thread where more than say
60% of the articles are by Andy Hall and IMM? ;-)

Actually, it probably can -- but I wouldn't know how to score it,
myself.

(A couple of years and a couple of re-installs ago, someone came up
with a scoring entry for me that killed things if poster "A" was being
responded to by poster "B", or vice versa. Both posters were worth
reading -- as long as they weren't in the same thread.)

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.