On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:12:29 -0700, someone wrote:

I just got a bid from a highly recommended painter...
He wants to use Sherwin Williams A-100

You have a highly reputable contractor. I'm sure if you don't like
his advise he has other customers.

I have been told by the Dunn Edwards dealer in town that using satin finish
on trim is a bad idea..cut.. should we choose a different paint? I will pay more to get the best

How highly reputable is he? Let him come out and paint your house.
Why were you asking him anyway? Maybe you can get the 1st guy to
charge you more for "premium" paint, then you will feel better that
you paid more and bought the best!

Opinions on this can differ, but if the 1st contractor is so highly
reputable, I doubt he is lying to you. But I suppose you could ask
him to not use satin. I don't think its a good idea to say "but the
Dunn Edwards guy said....." - just ask the reputable contrctor what he
thinks without invoking what somebody else allegedly said.

-v.