Roy

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:19:20 -0400, "S. M. Henning"
wrote:

(Roy) wrote:
===
=== For one reason a hydrostatic drive is much more smoother, and it does
=== adjust itself automatically according toload on a lot of models
===
===That is called the governor and it is on the engine, not the
===transmission. The governor keeps the speed of the engine constant. All
===tractors have engines where the speed is controlled by a governor. The
===throttle just adjusts the spring on the governor.

Bull**** again dude.....my engine is run at a constant speed, as power
erequirements change the flow out of the hydrostatic unit is changed
automatically , similar to a auto tranny would use that to shift gear
ranges, and only when I get it really loaded down does my engine rpm
change. You can even atch the governor linkage it does not
move.,..........so now I guess you will tell me its out of
adjustment.........Perhpas on a cheap assed Murray or Stanely that may
be how they woprk but the Cub Cadets and JD and Kubotas certainly
don;t
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.