Roy

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:15:23 -0400, "S. M. Henning"
wrote:

===Bonehenge wrote:
===
=== Right! But why would anyone want one of those when they can have a
=== hydrostatic drive? There are an awful lot of hydrostatic drive
=== mowers on the market.
===
===Because some people don't have to keep changing the speed of their
===mower. They let out the clutch and mow until it is done without
===shifting. A hydrostatic would be a total waste. Why pay extra for
===something you are never going to use. The dealers push them because
===they make more money on them. Not everyone needs one.
===
===I have arranged my 2 acres so that all obstacles have a nice round edge
===that are easy to mow or I have a mow pattern that makes it easy to mow
===all sides without backing up and slowing down.

Now if this ain't the biggest bunch of bull**** I have ever
heard............Yea right, most folks put it in gear and lug the
tractor down, or mow at a snails pace or go to fast because they are
just to freaking lazy to select gears as needed. If it only needed one
gear why do manufacturers use 4 , 5 or 6 speeds, it wold even save
lots of money again in making them and buying them..........
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.