S. M. Henning

Bonehenge wrote:

Right! But why would anyone want one of those when they can have a
hydrostatic drive? There are an awful lot of hydrostatic drive
mowers on the market.

Because some people don't have to keep changing the speed of their
mower. They let out the clutch and mow until it is done without
shifting. A hydrostatic would be a total waste. Why pay extra for
something you are never going to use. The dealers push them because
they make more money on them. Not everyone needs one.

I have arranged my 2 acres so that all obstacles have a nice round edge
that are easy to mow or I have a mow pattern that makes it easy to mow
all sides without backing up and slowing down.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman