No Spam

Jim wrote:
snip

We have a 214 that I bought in 1990 used.. had to put a couple
batteries in it (because it uses car sized batteries I usually pick
which car has the oldest battery in it, replace that battery, and
install the take-out in the 214). Couple of belts, other than that
haven't even tuned it up.

Currently having some problems with the belt tension system for the
mower deck drive, and as I am currently out of commision with double
hernia surgery we asked the daughter to take care of the lawn this
time around. Mentioned daughter tried to mow with the push behind, but
gave up and called her boyfriend, who brought over his family's old
mower, a JD 430. Watercooled 22hp diesel, 60" deck, Hydrostat trans,
differential lock, full hydraulics front and rear. Looks a little
rough, but mowed the yard without a problem.

They just bought a new mower to replace this one.. got a nice zero
turn radius JD. I asked what they planned to do with this one (the
430). They planned to sell it.

For $300

I took some pain meds, went and looked at it and told the wife, who
told him to unload it, we'll take it.

Sometimes you've just got to be in the right place at the right
time..

Regards,

Jim

We have a 214 JD bought new in 1979. Use it for mowing (half to
2/3 acre), blowing, and tilling. Used to till for neighbors but
now live where there is not much gardening. Mowed for a neighbor
that had hip replacement one year. Have done a lot of
snowblowing for myself and neighbors until a few years ago. (Now
have a small driveway.) Have replaced the drive belts once,
battery about 4 or 5 times, mower deck bearings and idlers a
couple of years ago (I forgot how quiet it was). I hope it lasts
another 25 years, unless of course I find a deal like Jim.