HA HA Budys Here

From: "TURTLE"

"TN" wrote in message
I am in the process of building a 3000 SQFT house that my builder spec'ed

for
two zone heat. He called my yesterday and said after he met with his
mechanicals subcontractor that two zones were probably not enough since the
room over the mudroom and the room over garage were (I guess) to far away

from
the furnace to be efficiently heated. He was suggesting we add a heat pump

for
those two rooms (with AC of course). We live in Northeast and I am worried

this
would be terribly expensive solution. I questioned him about adding a third

zone and he said he'd get back to me after talking to the sub again. Does a

heat pump make sense? I don't understand why a third zone couldn't be added

fairly easily. Is this a cost issue? Wouldn't a larger BTU furnace do the
job? Our contract specified two zone heat, is this something I should have

pay extra for or would this be his cost.
Thanks in adavance for any advice you have.

This is Turtle.

One thing here and when there is any changes to the first aggreement -- You
are
going to pay for it. There is a old rule in the hvac business that says when
the
contractor starts paying for the system to be installed , He should not do
the
job.

Now using a Heat pump for the 3 rd zone : You may look at a another gas /
hvac
system / hot air type system just for the 3rd zone. Now Heap pump is still
not
out of the question for the cost of a heap pump and another gas or oil
heating
system are not much difference on cost. The Heat pump may be a little cheaper

for not having venting system and oil or gas lines run to it.

Now having a small area heated by a heat pump would not be a big cost item
for
operation but gas or oil fuel would be a hair cheaper.

Now when you have a 3rd zone far off from the other 2 zones does make a
problem
with tring to keep a even heat in all zones. I can't see it from here but
this
is what it seem to be here.

Don't listen to [ Ha Ha Budys here ] for he is our resident Troll and want
feel like he is somebody.

TURTLE

I'm the resident troll?