Doug Kanter

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
..
Ceiling fans don't help with cooling. ...
Ed

I think this tends to be a local thing. In some climates they seem to
work well and in others they are worthless. In recent years I believe

they
have been over sold and many people in areas that they are not very

helpful
for put them in and now a few years later, seldom use them.

When run slowly in reverse, ceiling fans can lift cooler air from the floor
upward. Too fast seems to defeat the purpose, based on my observations, but
a slow speed definitely makes a noticeable difference.

Now, the trick is getting your average walkin' around slob to NOTICE the
instruction manual in the box the fan came in, and then actually READ the
manual.