John Willis

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:51:21 GMT, "HRL" scribbled
this interesting note:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"John Willis" wrote in message
Check the cap first...

Check between the liner and the brick second.

That section is capped with cement. I put some tar type waterproofing on it
already.
No way to see inside. Inside the house that area is just a place to store
wood or whatever.
The other section is open with a screened hood on the top to keep out birds
and animals (A neighbor had a couple racoons come down that way!! -
wrecked the house). I don't notice any water coming down on that side.

It doesn't take much of a crack in that mortar cap to cause the kind
of leak you describe.

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)