Marta Pia

Hello,

Thank you for all your excellent comments. The new house is over 100
years old and is near Pittsburgh and I wish I were kidding about the 7
foot upstairs ceilings. My old house in Eastern PA does have ceiling
fans in just about every room and I am a huge proponent. Although
I'll agree they don't do the job on the really humid days, they are
very useful for the simply hot days and for air circulation. I do
plan to put a window AC unit in the main bedroom for the worst of the
days and an exaust fan is an excellent suggestion to assist in
cooling.

I think I will test out one hugger ceiling fan with no light fixtures
for the bedroom. If I find it works out here, I might install in the
smaller rooms before next summer. If not, then I won't have gone
through the expense.

Thanks again,
Marta