Lowell Holmes

You normally get what you pay for. :-)
Design Cad has been around for quite some time. IINM, it was once called
Prodesign, the first cad package I taught myself to use.

"oldsalt" wrote in message
Here is a FREE 2D program http://www.cadstd.com/binaries/dlfrom.html

This is a FREE 3D Modeler http://www.ppmodeler.com/ppmodeler/download.php

"Bob" wrote in message
The latest issue of Fine Woodworking had a good evaluation article
called "CAD on a budget". It reviewed CAD packages for under $100.
Based on the reviews I decided to get a copy of Design CAD 3D Max. Boy
was I chagrined to find they have DOUBLED the price of the software.
Its now $199. It seems more than slightly coincidental that the price
jumped so much right after a good review in a magazine. I think that
practice stinks and I'll pass on the purchase.

Bob