Snowman

"bigbrian" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:35:16 GMT, "Snowman"
wrote:

My Zanussi dishwasher has stopped emptying - I've checked for blockages in
the filter and snags in the pipe. The water runs out if I disconnect the
waste pipe and lay it down. Seems to me like it's the pump, although there
is a "pump sound" when it's supposed to be emptying. Any other suggestions
before I tip the thing over and examine the pump?

I had a problem with our (Bosch) where the base (not the filter) had
got clogged up with some food particles that hadn't been cleaned off
properly before the pan or whatever it was was put in the DW. It
produced exactly the symptoms you describe, and was fine after the
offending rice was removed

Brian

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll get it out and investigate further.

It's a pretty rubbish machine, but if I can get it going for a bit longer I
can save on the expense of a new one.

Peter.