Ken Sterling

William,

I would appreciate the name of the dumpers, if nothing else I can compare
what we have "designed" to what they use.

Anyone else got any info on the actuators? I am really stuck on their
use.

Thanks,
Jim

"williamhenry" wrote in message
I have a customer at work that uses several dumpers to tilt up boxes of
plastic pellets for feeding the main system that supplies 35 injection
molding machines the colorant plastic

these tilt up on the corner , I can get you the name if you wish , they

are
pretty cheap

Dumpsters I've seen advertised have a curved "spiked" frame on each
side which lets the dumpster tilt forward, using the spikes going into
holes in the base frame to keep it aligned and under control while
dumping. Surplus center has a bunch of different types of actuators
which is basically a motor rotating a threaded rod inside of a worm
nut - some designs have a good bit of power, and can be had in
different voltages. Very similar to the actuators they used to use on
satellite dishes to "scan the arc".
HTH
Ken