Owain

"mike ring" wrote
| There was also a couple radio/cd units, but they only had "partial"
| remote control, no station change, which was reely reely disappointing.

It depends on what time you / the OP want to get up.

You could use a freeview box with its inbuilt change channel timer. You
would have to check it allows you to change its channel during a 'timed'
segment.

Community Channel is silent for 21 hours except 6am-9am
CBeebies is silent 7pm-7am
The MHEG channels like Teletext are silent all the time, I think.

If you get a freeview box with an led display, it will facilitate selecting
the desired audio channel without it being connected to a TV, and should
show the time during 'standby' changing to the selected channel at wake-up
time.

If the timer function doesn't work as desired, plug the amplified speakers
into a timeswitch and use that to control timed on/off, with the freeview
box continually powered.

Owain