pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gerald Miller
wrote back on Sun, 05 Sep 2004 16:38:10 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

Yes, it's a machine shop, check the URL in my sig. It hasn't been
updated, though. "The gal who makes things happen?" I think he's married
Just kidding! Thanks.

Actually, this is the young female clerk who looks after the time
sheets and makes out the checks.

In every outfit, there is a formal organization, and an informal
organization. Twice bless is the company which has the two organizations
the same.

The formal organization is obvious, who has what job title, and what
official responsibility.
The informal organization is the one which you knows that to get a
[fill in the blank], you talk to Person Y, not the person on the chart. I
saw this years ago during an internship. The liaison guy couldn't get us
the Company hats, but we did get hats from one of the guys we knew who also
worked there.

It still is a good policy to be nice to the office staff, they can help
you, or just "work to rule". But that is often something which is entirely
up to the individual.

tschus
pyotr

--