mike ring

Lee wrote in
:

That ludicrously overpriced Bose thing may have the functions you
want,
IIRC it does have a remote for the radio anyway.

If you want to stay within a sensible price bracket, then a micro or
"compact" hifi would probably be the closest in function.
We use a "boombox" mini hifi which has an alarm clock and full remote
- but as you say, they are still large in comparison to a clock radio.

Lee

The chap in Curry's suggested one of them, but even micros are still a bit
monster.

There was also a couple radio/cd units, but they only had "partial" remote
control, no station change, which was reely reely disappointing.

I did consider a Bose but the money's silly, as wel as it being a bit big.

DAB might be a small problem - I don't know if there's any delay on it, but
if I'm listening to the radio I tend to have one on in every room, but the
digital channels are about a second out of sync.

Modern bloody progress - phooey

mike