Joe Wilding

I just finished a sofa table last night. I made mine 27" tall based on
another design i found on the web somewhere.
As i was building it, I keep freaking out that it was too short because the
legs just didn't look long enough. Once it all got assemebled, I quickly
confirmed that it was absolutely perfect in height. (I alwasy do the same
thing when i am building chairs. Chari legs as indivual pieces always look
way to small: like you building kids furniture. But once you get it all
done, they are just right.

Once something like a sofa table, that you are not going to sit at, I think
you have a lot of flexibility on the height. I think you could easily make
it 30 Inches and it would still look and work just fine.

--
Joe in Denver
my woodworking website:

"patrick conroy" wrote in message
Looking to tackle something similar to :

http://www.djmarks.com/photo.asp?ima...phalltable.jpg

What's a reasonable overall height for the table? 30-ish inches?

It's actually going into a hall area, so no sense in me measuring our
sofas...