Hagrinas Mivali

"v" wrote in message
On 9 Sep 2004 05:25:48 -0700, someone wrote:

.... I did something similar by attaching a string of poles to a
pole trimmer enough to reach the height. I cut two 6" diameter limbs
that way. It took a great physical effort to do because of the weight
of the pole and flexing.

That sounds like an "Al Bundy" way of doing something.

Here's what a friend of mine did in a similar situation, where the
phone company refused to come out: he pulled the line down to the
ground, and reported a downed line, and then they came out right away!

You could always call and say that a tree fell on the line and the line is
down. Just don't say how far down.