bigbrian

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:58:55 +0100, "Owain"
wrote:

"bigbrian" wrote
| My question is is this something that the surveyor should have
| anticipated when the project was specified,

He should have anticipated that it is *possible* that there *may* be a
soakaway.

| The contract doesn't seem to make any specific mention either way
| of reserving the right to charge me extra for unforeseen problems
| in the building element of the job

Depends on whether the contract says, and the price was for, "erect a
conservatory" or "do all works necessary to erect a conservatory".

Owain

Further update:

Still no word from the company on who's paying for the new soakaway,
but the old one was concreted in this afternoon. If it rains before
the new one is dug, the rain water is going to collect at the end of
the existing pipe against the concrete. Is this going to cause a
problem at all?

Brian