Tim Douglass

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:39:16 GMT, "Dan White"
wrote:

Hi. I am putting a hard rock maple countertop in my deli. I found what
seems to be a good supplier that has good prices for unfinished 1.5"
countertops. I had a couple of questions/comments if anybody cares to lend
a hand.

4. Some of these pieces will be joined together in an L shape. I was
thinking of putting L shaped plywood down first, and then laying the two
pieces on top of that. Then I could drill into each piece from underneath
the plywood. I'm not sure if this will give me the best, most seamless fit
(probably not). Any suggestions here?

Because the plywood will be more dimensionally stable than the maple I
think you will be in trouble with this plan. Be sure not to fasten
your tops solidly or they may crack as the temp/humidity changes
(DAMHIKT). For the L I would use the cross bolt type connectors they
sell for joining countertops. Can't think of the exact name right now.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com