S. M. Henning

"dadiOH" wrote:

Not quite forever...mine crapped out after 7 years. Kohler wanted something
like $1600 for a new one. I bought a Tecumseh for $600+. More HP too...

That is very unusual for a cast iron Kohler to fail if you changed the
oil and kept the oil topped up. I had a cast iron Kohler on a tractor
that I used in fields to chop brush and an occasional rock. I mowed 2
acres of grass for 20 years with it. I mowed an embankment where I had
to get off the tractor and walk on the flat so that I could hold the
tractor on the embankment so it wouldn't fall over. I plowed snow with
it. I even plowed the road in front of our house and the neighbors
houses with it. It was still going strong when I sold it. It had
replaced a Tecumseh that didn't even finish the second season before it
got a warped head and was junk. There are good cast iron Tecumseh's but
mine wasn't cast iron.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman