SQLit

"Marta Pia" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I'd love some advice regarding ceiling fans. I am buying a new house
which has no central air and no ceiling fans. Central air is too
expensive a proposition at this point, so I was considering putting
ceiling fans in all the major rooms to improve air circulation and
cooling. Downstairs doesn't present a problem, but upstairs the
ceilings are just 7 feet high. There are three rooms upstairs =
15x15, 12x10 and 10x8. Are ceiling fans an option here? I've heard
about the 'hugger' models, but are they going to be effective,
espcially in the smaller room? If I do put them in, what do you
suggest for a blade length?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Take Care,
Marta

7 foot ceiling? Yikes. I will not put an fan in unless there is 7'6"
clearance from the finished product. Even an hugger will not achieve this
in your situation.
Surely you mean 8 foot ceilings.

Not planning for the a/c now will cost an fortune later. At least install
the ducts and registers to an central location.

I agree with the whole house ventatulator. I grew up with one of those,
until Mom wanted a/c so she could sleep in the hot muggy nights of southern
Iowa

---