Al Bundy

"Hagrinas Mivali" wrote in message ...
"Guogang" wrote in message
om...
The tree is out of our back yard, in the property of water district. A
branch fell and stuck on the lines over our back yard. The branch is
about 20 feet high, and beyond our reach.

PG&E came out and said that the branch is not on their power line, but
on a phone line, which is about 5 feet lower than the power line. SBC
won't even come out look at it, claiming they will only service if the
phone line is broken.

Now, I want to remove it myself, but I do not know how can I remove it
myself. Or, there is still some place I can call for help? Any
suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Did you ask the water district? If it's their tree, and it damaged your
property (if only by requiring you to remove it) then you have the right to
a claim.

I'm no attorney, but the branch on your property is your
responsibility as a rule. So you have the right to remove just that
branch. If you can't figure out how to do it you could call a tree
service, which could be expensive. Phone lines are not too high as a
rule. You said 20 feet. Maybe you could rent a 16 foot ladder and
reach it. I did something similar by attaching a string of poles to a
pole trimmer enough to reach the height. I cut two 6" diameter limbs
that way. It took a great physical effort to do because of the weight
of the pole and flexing.