Marta Pia

Default Ceiling Fans in Small Rooms

Hello,

I'd love some advice regarding ceiling fans. I am buying a new house
which has no central air and no ceiling fans. Central air is too
expensive a proposition at this point, so I was considering putting
ceiling fans in all the major rooms to improve air circulation and
cooling. Downstairs doesn't present a problem, but upstairs the
ceilings are just 7 feet high. There are three rooms upstairs =
15x15, 12x10 and 10x8. Are ceiling fans an option here? I've heard
about the 'hugger' models, but are they going to be effective,
espcially in the smaller room? If I do put them in, what do you
suggest for a blade length?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Take Care,
Marta