James254

"Reid Fleming" wrote in message
.. .

I have an old JVC JR-DX22U VHS deck that plays OK, but won't rewind
or eject without leaving a little bit of the tape (~6") out of the
cassette and chewing on it a little bit. Seems a shame to pitch
it, anybody know how I could fix this problem?

Please post as opposed to email. Thanks.

Hi,

Some good idea's so far but I would suggest that you look closely at the
capstan motor as this will give you the clue's rather then guessing.

Put a small felt tip pen mark on the top of the capstan motor shaft and
watch it when ejecting the tape. The motor should turn!

If the motor isn't turning then I suggest the mode switch is the cause of
the problem. If I remember the mechanism it's not a job for the
inexperienced, but a skilled photocopy tech or similar should have no
problems.

Hope this helps.

--
Please Note - E-mail address corrupt. Please change "NO" to "ii"