Labor could be $60 - $80 /hr depending on where you live. Compressor or
condensing unit, the price you pay is double what the installer's company
pays. In fact, everything they use, fittings, copper, freon, is doubled

Figure 1 hr, without ANY other THAN LABOR.

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
TURTLE writes:

Kinch , You must have missed Eco. 101 in Collage. it say the more
money changes hand the better the System works. If you sell everything
at wholesale , there would be nobody to bring it to you or work on it.

Everything you say is true ... except I did take, literally, Econ 101.

Yes, retailing earns its markup.

What I object to is outfits that will sell quantity 1, but only to those
with certain qualifications that have nothing to do with the economics of
the transaction, in order to "protect" the trade.

Reminds me of the hair stuff sold only to "licensed beauticians".