Lee Gordon

Charlie ...

Yeah. Lots of stuff using Win98, too, but I'm not sure that can be made to
support USB. I think I tossed my ME CD a week or two ago. Worst OS I ever
tried, including Mac OS 8.

All versions of Win98 support USB. There is even a version of Win95
(version B) that supports USB but it is very basic and somewhat limited.
The $300 laptop I bought on eBay came with Win98 installed (not always the
case that there is any OS on an eBay machine; it's always wise to check
before bidding) and I upgraded it to Win98SE. The upgrade disk was another
eBay purchase (about $30).
I notice that you are looking for a machine with a 20 GIG hard drive. Most
of the eBay machines equipped that way seem to be running in the $450-600
range.

Lee