Ed Sirett

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:47:56 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Nodge wrote:
I plan to have my old back boiler replaced with a modern combi boiler.
My plumber has said that there are new regulations coming out (April
next year?) that say that all new boilers fitted must be of the
condensing type. He says that although these are supposed to be more
efficient he prefers the existing type that he currently uses and has
advised me to get one while I still can.

Find a better plumber. He's not paying the fuel bills - you are.

Good argument.

I'm fairly innovative is my approach partly because my income is only
partly from heating and gas work. However many fitters are very
conservative due to very plausible reasons. Mainly that there is little to
gain and much to lose by changing form a tested approach to an untried
one.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk